8/31/2006

Points for Honesty

Now that Fiona is quite terribly two she tries to delay doing just about anything we ask her to do. Time for a bath? Not until she finishes her "gardening" (i.e. carrying around a watering can and pretending to pour it on pieces of furniture). Time for dinner? Not until she's done reading to Roo.

At times like these we wind up telling her, with increasing levels of exasperation, to "stop stalling."

This morning I was trying to get Fiona out the door, and she, of course, had no interest in putting on her shoes or taking her asthma meds, or whatever it was I needed her to do. I walked into her bedroom to find her face down on the matress, rocking back and forth.

"Fiona, we need to get your [shoes, medicine, etc.]" I told her. "What are you doing?"

"Go away, Daddy," she replied. "I'm stalling."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home