10/08/2004

How Does This Grabbing Thing Work?

Well, I figured it was about time I posted something about the wunderkind. As the mother, you would think I'd have something to say...In any event: it was the Day of the Aunts (Meredith was up from DC, and Kathy and Stephanie stopped by to visit). I was sitting on the floor with Fiona, and she was fascinated by my water glass. (Anything that makes its way into Mom's mouth is pretty darn interesting.) So, I began to offer her little sips of water from my glass. While most of it dribbled out of her mouth and onto her shirt, a little of it did make it into her mouth. And what a surprise! "What is this stuff?" her expression seemed to read. The next thing I know, she's dipping her hand in the glass, trying to grab the water! But she can't seem to get at it, which propels her all the more into a grabbing frenzy that eventually leads to Fiona grabbing at the lip of the glass with one hand while grabbing at the water with the other. And this, of course, leads to major spillage--Fiona, Mom, and floor covered in liquid. Kathy believes it was all a plot: Bill had put Fiona in her "Auntie Loves Me" shirt that morning, and I must have been feeling left out of the Fiona love-fest. Because when she returned all nice and dry, she was wearing her "Mommy's Best Friend" shirt. Why is it no one wears these kinds of clothes after the age of three? I guess that'll be another post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home