3/10/2005

The Next Big Step

Fiona's back to her walking strength from before the bug--and then some. On Wednesdays, Andrea is in class and doesn't get home until about 7:15 or so, so I had Fiona to myself last night. When Andrea got home Fiona heard her voice and got so excited that she let go of me on her own and started walking across the room to greet her mommy. She only made it about halfway before she fell to her knees, but it was a big step (literally): it was the first time Fiona has let go of one of us to walk without having the prodding of somebody at the other end holding out hands and encouraging her to put one foot in front of the other.

And to those people who say things like "her independence must be a mixed blessing," I'll just say what I always do: I'd really rather not have to write a note to the gym teacher in 2012 asking him to excuse Fiona from gym because she never learned to walk unassisted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home