2/13/2006

Petitioning Mr. Alighieri

I have a few other posts ready to write as soon as I have a chance, but I just wanted to get this out of the way:

Yesterday, New York City had its biggest snowfall on record. Fiona didn't have a chance to play in it yesterday because she had a cold that we didn't want to aggravate (she's doing much better today). Anyway, it was a lot of snow, but it ended in the middle of the day on Sunday, and everybody who's tried agrees: the shoveling really wasn't that bad because the snow was pretty light.

This morning I took Fiona to day care. She spent a little time while I set up the stroller playing with the snow and declared that snow is "funny". Funny is currently the highest compliment Fiona has to offer.

So I took Fiona the 5 blocks to day care, and I just want to say:

There should be a special circle of hell reserved for those people who think shoveling involves carving out a narrow strip for a 82 lb. supermodel to walk through. I had to deal with this last year, too, but Fiona's added an extra 10 or so pounds since then, and carrying my child in her stroller over snowbanks in the middle of the sidewalk was not the way I intended to blast my quads this morning.

Special disdain is reserved for the large apartment complex along the way that didn't shovel, since they can't even hide behind the pretense of being out of town or too old to do their own shoveling. You people have a staff. Use it.

That is all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home