3/27/2006

I'm Hoping for a Gallery Showing

On our walk home from day care, I like to ask Fiona what she did during the day. Sometimes she'll say something like "I played with Ito" (or one of the other kids in day care).

One day, however, she told me "I drew a choo choo." That seemed pretty specific, and I knew that the kids do a lot of drawing in day care, and so I told her that was very exciting.

The next day, when I asked Fiona what she did in day care, she said "I drew a choo choo!" This continued for several days; even a few weeks later, sometimes she'll still tell me that she drew a choo choo today in day care.

So I conclude one of two things. The more likely possibility is that Fiona saw Daddy's reaction the first time she drew a choo choo, and thought Daddy was dazzled by the idea of drawing a choo choo rather than being impressed with her specific recollections, and so she decided she wants to get that reaction again.

My preferred interpretation, however, is that Rita is a train enthusiast who makes the children draw railroad cars all day long, every day, and that one day she'll open up the door to the hidden room behind the center and it will be filled floor to ceiling with toddler choo choo drawings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home