9/05/2006

I'm Pretty Sure a Genetic Test Would Prove Otherwise

More stalling adventures: this morning as I tried to get Fiona out the door she insisted on making sure her doll did everything she did. So after she got her inhaler, the doll had to get the inhaler, too. If she needed to put on socks, she had to pretend to put socks on the doll as well.

It finally got to be too much for me when she insisted on having the doll use the potty before she did, and then wanted to spend an inordinate amount of time cleaning the doll up.

"Fiona," I barked. "I need you to go potty now."

Fiona responded in the same thoughtful, measured way she always does to orders from her parents. She shrieked at a pitch just shy of that level only dogs could hear, but carefully modulated to make sure of having maximum impact on Daddy's ears. And then she barked back at me:

"Stop it! You don't tell me what to do! You're not my Daddy any more!"

So if she has to obey Daddy, logically she wouldn't have to obey somebody who isn't Daddy. Always on the lookout for loopholes, I guess.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joshua said...

One time I was taking Andrew to a pet store to get litter for our cat and he wanted me to buy him a gecko. After much yelling and crying, he said to me, "I wish you weren't my daddy anymore. I wish God was my daddy. I wish I was Jesus!"

I resisted the temptation to say back: "And do you know what happened to him?"

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home