8/26/2007

Hey Fiona, I Want an iPhone

We're on vacation in San Diego this week. Yesterday, after we got off the plane and were walking through the terminal we passed a large fountain that's just inside the security gate. Fiona's used it before, and she recognized it right away.

"I want to make a wish!" she announced.

Andrea fished in her pockets and couldn't find any pennies, but she did produce a nickel, which for all I know may have helped with what transpired next.

Fiona held the nickel for a moment and declared "I wish for a pony!"

It was a very little girl thing to wish for, and a woman who was sitting on the fountain ledge nearby laughed in recognition of the cliché.

And then we proceeded past the security gate and met Nana and Pop. Nana had brought a gift for Fiona. Check it out:


Trust me, we're never skipping past that fountain on future trips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home