2/25/2008

She Has No Idea How Tempting That Sounds

I work at home, which can be tricky on Mondays and Fridays when Fiona is home from preschool and Mommy looks after her. Just now I ducked out to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee and Fiona came running up to tell me she was a brave knight in need of a mission. I told her a dragon was attacking my castle, so she charged off to do battle. Two minutes later, when I was back at my desk, she came into my office to tell me the dragon was dead and ask what else I needed.

Realizing I'd provided an opening that I shouldn't have, I leaned down to let Fiona know that I was still working and couldn't play with her right then.

"But you've been working all day!" she protested. "You must be tired."

Not wanting to let on how right she was, I broke the harsh truth to her that grownups do, indeed, work all day long.

"That's too much," she said. "Do you want to take a nap?"

Now that she mentions it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home