5/25/2005

She Hears More Than You Realize

Over the weekend Fiona found a photograph from her parents' wedding that featured her Grandma, Gigi and (Great) Aunt Fran. As with any photo, Fiona wanted to spend a lot of time pointing at various people so that I would tell her who they are (alternated with me asking where somebody is in the photo and Fiona trying to pick that person out; she has about a 70% accuracy rate). So we sat together on the chaise. I asked her where her Grandma was. Fiona pointed to Aunt Fran, and I corrected her by saying, "No, that's Fran."

Fiona looked at me for a moment in confusion, and then pointed up at the ceiling fan. Fran, fan -- I'm sure the difference is difficult for a 17 month old to detect. I'd pointed the fan out to her before when she saw it whirring, but I didn't realize she knew the word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home