4/07/2007

Our Brush with the Law

The other evening Fiona and I were walking home from day care when her legs quit on her. This still happens once or twice a week; she'll get about halfway home and decide she can't walk any more. She's usually pretty clearly tired, and since I work at home I'm not carrying anything with me, so I tend to throw her up on my shoulders and let her ride on home. Which is what I did that evening.

A minute or two later, a police car pulled up alongside us and the officer driving the car leaned out the window.

"Excuse me," she said. "Your daughter's pants are riding down and her buttocks are completely exposed."

I pulled Fiona off my shoulders and, sure enough, her pants were not in position to do their job. I thanked the officer, but I did have one more question:

"You're not going to bust us for indecent exposure, are you?"

The officer nodded with a smile and drove off.

Next time I'll try to give periodic checks on the clothing status atop my shoulders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home