9/07/2007

First Day of School News

Well, we didn't get much out of Fiona. Every time we tried to ask her a question about her day, she'd giggle and say "I'm not telling you," until it finally became a game. Then, when we tricked something out of her, she'd start saying "I'm only telling you one thing."

Her teacher said she did fine, although she did whine a few times. It'll be nice to have somebody else encouraging her not to whine, since we all know there's only so much that a child will listen to her parents on topics like that. Miss Annie gave Fiona a big hug and asked for a high five (which Fiona gave) when I picked her up and told Fiona that she was very glad to have her in her classroom, and Fiona certainly seemed happy with the experience.

Fiona told us that they had a lesson on the calendar which included counting to six. Our best guess means that they were learning that yesterday was September 6th, although as I've said before, details from a 3 1/2 year old can be a little spotty.

She couldn't remember any of the other children's names last night, but she also told us that when her "friend" started talking to her during naptime the teacher told them to be quiet.

She also told me this morning that "Miss Annie is a great woman," which is impressive until you consider that after I moved the bin that holds our shampoo and soap from one end of the bathtub to the other so that Fiona could use the ledge to play with her bath toys she declared "Daddy, you're a genius!" I mean, I know I'm a genius and all, but I wouldn't consider moving the shampoo bin among my top ten most brilliant actions of all time. Top 50, maybe.

On the way out the door this morning, Fiona told Andrea that she was going to cry for a little bit when she got to preschool. Sure enough, she did, although Miss Annie also pointed out that she was smiling while she did it. Our little drama queen... I suspect it's her preschooler way of covering for the awkwardness of crying yesterday, by just deciding that crying is what you're supposed to do when you get dropped off at preschool. And I also suspect that even the fake tears are going to go away soon enough.

More vacation photos soon, I promise; it takes a while to pick out the best ones, and so far I haven't been able to quit my job to blog full-time about my child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home