5/27/2008

Ill-Chosen Words

Fiona and I normally walk home from preschool with her friend Estella and Estella's mother. They both leave around the same time, and if one parent arrives first we have to wait around for the other to arrive.

Today as I walked to pick her up the sky turned black and a gust of wind blew my baseball cap off my head and down the street. I didn't want to wait around for Estella's mother to arrive; I just wanted to get Fiona out of preschool as quickly as possible so we could beat whatever weather was rolling in home.

Even so, I probably shouldn't have told Fiona "I just want to get home before the thunder and lightning."

I had no idea we could make it all the way home from preschool inside of 20 seconds. Of course, it wasn't exactly fun trying to console the terrors of a four year old convinced that thunder and lightning were going to crash down upon the street at any moment.

Parenting. Even when you win you lose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home