4/09/2008

This Town Ain't Big Enough for Two

So, this morning, Fiona dressed herself in her usual fancy manner: Pegasus and rainbow shirt, flowery-patterned skirt, pink snowflake leggings, and sneakers. Her fashion coup-d'etat was the addition of a new pair of purple heart sunglasses. I happened to mention that she looked "stylish," and, in concordance, Fiona batted her eyes oh-so-winningly.

On our way out the door, I topped my own fashion ensemble (jeans, sweater, sneakers) with sunglasses, and Bill happened to mention that I also looked "stylish," to which Fiona responded, "Mommy's not stylish...I'M stylish." "Well, we can both be stylish, can't we?" I asked. "No," Fiona replied. "Only I'm stylish...you're not stylish." We continued this back and forth down the stairs. Finally out the door, I asked Fiona, "Why can't I be stylish?" Her response: "Because I look stylish. You only look like a plain girl."

Well, at least I still look like a girl...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home