3/25/2008

Easter 2008


I had to be out of town all last week on business, which meant that Andrea had to throw Easter together almost entirely on her own this year -- which she did with great success. We had eight for dinner, including the champion Easter Egg hunter herself, at least when she deigned to speak to her public.

This year was all the more rushed, since after I got back late on Saturday, Andrea and I wound up spending the afternoon at BAM to catch Macbeth (first really good production of that play I've ever seen, but this blog isn't about my theatrical tastes, at least not usually). Which meant that Fiona got to see me for the first time in a week on Saturday morning (great excitement), then had to make do with a babysitter in the afternoon (Fiona broke her in quickly), and then saw me for another hour or so before bed on Saturday night (crazy excitement--I think she actually bounced off a wall at one point).

I spent most of the day on Saturday laughing at being returned to the insanity of life with a child. As busy as I was while traveling for work, I don't remember anybody thinking that a fun thing to do would be for each of us to take the opposite ends of a bedtime sleeper, tie those ends around our necks, and then put a stuffed animal in the middle and try to bounce it up and down just by using our shoulders. Some things people just stop even considering once they turn... six? Eight? When do you stop having those ideas for fun that are so odd they would never even occur to an adult?

Anyway, by the time Easter morning itself rolled around, Fiona was exhausted and ready to relax with a spot of tea with her Aunt Carmen (at right).

OK, perhaps not so much. What with all the excitement of having family over and enjoying her presents from the Easter Bunny (including the DVD of Enchanted, a movie that's eerie in the precision with which it's targeted at four-year old girls, and which Fiona saw in the theater when it was released), Fiona barely stopped on Sunday either.

Which made Monday an extreme day to crash. At one point in the early evening Monday I was sitting on the couch with Fiona when I realized I'd been asleep for the past 15 minutes; when I looked over, Fiona was asleep as well.

I've thrown a new album together of photos from March 2008, which you can find by clicking on the link at the top of the bar to the right. More stuff there like this photo of the family band Fiona threw together right before Easter dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home