10/28/2005

Indoctrination

Since both my parents come from Chicago, I rooted pretty hard for the White Sox in the playoffs this season, with happy results. On Wednesday night before Game 4 of the World Series, with the Sox up 3-0, I asked Fiona if she could say "Go Go White Sox!" She did, with a big grin--it's obviously a fun thing to say.

Well, the White Sox won on Wednesday to complete the sweep, and on Thursday I told Fiona that we were very happy today because the White Sox were world champions. Hearing the words "White Sox," Fiona lit up and said "Go Go White Sox!"

This morning, apropos of absolutely nothing, Fiona looked at me and said "Go go White Sox!"

So it looks like we've got her rooting for Chicago baseball teams now. I think she's too young to know that it's mostly heartbreak in that direction (on the other hand, the only two champs since Fiona was born are the Red Sox and White Sox, so she may be a cursebreaker just by her sheer presence in the world).

I am happy to report that she loves playing catch and chasing a ball around. So far her signature move seems to be the Buckner, but hopefully that will change once her coordination improves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home