4/11/2007

Easter 2007

It was a smaller Easter than the past two years, but Fiona has figured out the Easter egg hunt this time around. Each time she saw an egg she shouted out "Aha!" and put it in her basket. Every time she found an egg that she'd already emptied of jelly beans she added a disgusted "it's empty!" before flinging it away.

In her defense, she never opens an egg to eat the jelly beans without getting permission first. Wonder how long we have before she figures out that she can sneak candy behind Mommy and Daddy's backs?

After a few rounds of finding eggs that the grown-ups hid, Fiona decided she wanted to hide the eggs herself.

Every year at Easter my parents trot out the story of how I handled hiding the eggs when I was Fiona's age: I made everybody leave the room, then I hid the eggs, and then I went and found the eggs I hid (never letting the grown-ups get a chance to hunt).

Fiona didn't find her own eggs, but she definitely wanted to show off her handiwork (and help us out with some hints). So after she "hid" the eggs in fairly apparent places like on top of a chair int he middle of the room, she proceeded to shout out things like "look here!" while pointing directly at her eggs.

By the way, it's Wednesday and we're still only about halfway through with our jelly beans. This reminds me of how her Halloween candy lasted roughly one month. Some things are sure to change as she gets older.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home