9/24/2008

Safari Expedition

Fiona's class went on the zoo safari ride today, which meant they needed some parents to sit on the tram at the end of each row. Since I had no appointments in the morning and had the ability to make the time up in the evening, I took a job as tram barrier. That's Fiona with her friend Jaden.


Parents were told to arrive at 10:30. I showed up at 10:25 and was the last parent to arrive, which meant Fiona yelled at me for being late. Fortunately her teacher, Miss Holly, came to my defense by letting her know I was early.

Before I took her into school this morning, Fiona helpfully explained all the rules to me so I wouldn't get into any trouble:
  1. Listen and do
  2. No running or yelling (but pretend yelling is okay, and Fiona demonstrated how to pretend yell for me)
  3. Be a friend
When one of the children breaks a rule, Miss Holly moves the child from green to yellow. A second violation moves the child to red. If you make it through the week with only one yellow, you get a treat (like a piece of candy or a plastic ring). Make it through on green the whole time and you get two treats. Fiona's gotten two treats every week so far this year; when she leaves the house on Fridays she usually announces that it's "Treat Day."


I think I managed to do the whole safari without breaking any rules, so we'll see if I get any treats.

Oh, and we saw giraffes and cheetahs and rhinos and elephants and warthogs. After the safari we stopped off to see the meerkats. And yet the children seemed most excited to alert Miss Holly to the presence of a spider web near the safari entrance. All creatures are equal, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home