10/09/2008

Moolah

OK, enough politics.

Earlier this week Fiona was offering her usual resistance to going to preschool -- or, more accurately, her usual resistance to having to get ready to go to preschool (once she's there she's always happy). She announced she wanted to stay home.

"You can't stay home," I told her.

"Why?"

"Because I have to work."

"Why do you have to work?" Have I mentioned that we're in the why phase? Why do we need trees, why do we need animals, why do we need to breathe, why do we need to exist (I love it when preschoolers start verging on profound and unanswerable philosophical questions).

"I work so we can have money," I replied. She's heard this bit before. "Do you like having a house? Do you like having clothes? We need money for those."

"I have money," Fiona insisted. "In my piggy bank. I have lots of money. We can use that and you won't have to work."

Ah, for the days when a big pile of nickels and pennies seemed like it would be enough to last for years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home